You may have heard that the House of Representatives is voting today on the American Health Care Act. This bill is designed to change key provisions of the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare). Unfortunately, what is being proposed takes us back to a time when people who are coping with cancer can be discriminated against and charged more for their health insurance coverage.
It’s not too late to have your voice be heard. If you are concerned that Congress is taking steps that would:
- Result in more than 24 million people losing their health insurance coverage;
- Eliminate the Medicaid expansion program and cut more than $800 billion from Medicaid over the next decade;
- Eliminate the critical premium tax credits which lower the monthly premiums of plans being sold in the Marketplace for people;
- Eliminate public health funding;
- And allow states to opt out of consumer protections
Contact your Representative TODAY. You can call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121, and an operator will connect you to your Representative’s office.