26 Sep Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Questions to ask the doctor about breast cancer series includes 17 topic cards on a variety of breast cancer issues.
Each card contains pertinent questions to discuss with your doctor regarding a specific breast cancer topic. You can download and print the cards and bring them with you to your next doctor’s appointment. Plenty of space is provided to jot down the answers to the questions. These topic cards are a valuable tool for women who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, who may be too overwhelmed to even know where to begin to start gathering information. These topic cards are also available in Spanish.
If you need additional cards, please visit ShopKomen.com. The two-sided cards are available in packages of 100 on a single topic or can be ordered as a complete set with one of each card coming in a folder.
Topic Cards Available for Download
- Breast Density – questions regarding breast density.
- Clinical Trials – questions regarding participating in a clinical trial.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer – questions about metastatic breast cancer, treatment and quality of life issues.
- If You Find a Lump in Your Breast – questions regarding mammography, ultrasound, biopsy, cyst aspiration and non-cancerous breast conditions.
- When Breast Cancer is Diagnosed – questions regarding diagnostic testing, types of breast cancer and prognostic factors.
- About Breast Biopsy – questions regarding different biopsy options, the biopsy procedure and aftereffects of the biopsy.
- About Treatment Choices – questions regarding different treatment options, breast reconstruction and clinical trials.
- Before Breast Surgery – questions pertaining to the surgery (including hospital stay and length), as well as questions pertaining to reconstruction, recovery and post-surgery restrictions.
- After Breast Surgery – questions pertaining to recovery, follow-up care and lymphedema.
- About Reconstructive Breast Surgery – questions about reconstructive surgery, insurance issues and possible side effects.
- Chemotherapy and Side Effects – questions regarding chemotherapy treatment.
- About Radiation Therapy – questions regarding radiation treatment.
- About Hormone Therapy – questions regarding hormone therapy.
- About Lymphedema – questions regarding the risk of developing lymphedema, precautions to avoid lymphedema and the treatment of lymphedema.
- If Someone You Love Has Breast Cancer – suggestions on how to help someone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer, as well as questions regarding the emotional and physical effects of breast cancer.
- Mammography – information about preparing for a mammogram, insurance coverage, mammography results and next steps if an abnormality is detected.
- Genes and Inherited Breast Cancer – questions regarding genetic counseling/testing, benefits and risks of genetic testing, insurance coverage, confidentiality issues and options for women at a greater risk for breast cancer.
Updated March, 2014