Public Policy and Advocacy
Real change can only come from changing the system. That’s what it means to be part of the Susan G. Komen Advocacy Alliance (KAA). The Advocacy Alliance is the non-partisan voice for more than 2.5 million breast cancer survivors and the people who love them. The mission of the Alliance? Translate the Komen promise to end breast cancer forever into action at all levels of government.
With a network of more than 300,000 Advocates, the Alliance empowers our Advocates to help influence policy that:
- Ensures access to breast health screening and diagnostics for all women
- Maintains breast cancer research as a priority
- Accelerates the process for delivering scientific discoveries to those who need them while maintaining patient safety for delivering scientific discoveries to those who need them while maintaining patient safety
Through the power of our Advocates, the Alliance has helped to:
- Preserve $210 million in federal funding and over $100 million in state funding for life-saving breast screening services
- Increase Federal breast cancer research funding from $30 million to over $970 million in the last 30 years
- Secured passage of oral chemotherapy parity legislation in Connecticut, Illinois, and Texas
While we have made important accomplishments in the fight to end breast cancer, there is still much to do and we can’t do it without your help. Please join the movement of breast cancer survivors and activists committed to making a difference!
Join us today!