13 Jan Susan G. Komen San Diego’s Circle of Promise | Many Shades of Pink Fashion Show
Posted at 22:20h in
Susan G. Komen® San Diego’s Circle of Promise Presents
MANY SHADES OF PINK
A Fashion Show Honoring Breast Cancer Survivors
Saturday, February 24th 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Susan G. Komen San Diego’s Circle of Promise— an initiative striving to educate African American women on the importance of making regular breast cancer screenings a priority and working to end breast cancer disparities to achieve health equity—will host a fashion show and breast health educational luncheon on Saturday, February 24th 10:30am to 2pm.
Event features include:
• Fashion show highlighting breast cancer survivors, wearing ensembles inspired by each of them from local designers and stylists, who have donated their time and resources. Kotton Candy & Company, and fashion stylist Tanya Jenkins, designer and owner of Nea Eshe.
• Emcee, Stevie Flowers
• Suzanne Afflalo, M.D will discuss “A Perfect Storm” breast health and how breast cancer affects African American women.
• Wendy Shurelds, Community Resource Advocate will debunk the myths that plagues the African American community.
• Debra Gibson-Portee, Fitness Trainer will discuss fitness & health
• Local musician Ken Turner
• Harpist Mariea Antionette
• Lunch will be provided to all attendees.
The event is free but space is limited, please RSVP by February, 14.
For more information please contact Wendy Shurelds at Wendy@sdkomen.org
February 24, 2018 - 10:30 am
92130 Show map