23 Jan Susan G. Komen San Diego’s Circle of Promise Hosts Fashion Show & Breast Health Luncheon in Honor of Breast Cancer Survivors
Susan G. Komen San Diego’s Circle of Promise Presents
MANY SHADES OF PINK
A Fashion Show Honoring Breast Cancer Survivors
Saturday, February 24th
10:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
AMN Healthcare | 12400 High Bluff Dr.
Susan G. Komen San Diego’s Circle of Promise — an initiative educating African American women on the importance of making regular breast cancer screenings a priority and working to end breast cancer disparities to achieve health equity — will host a fashion show and breast health educational luncheon in partnership with Vista Community Clinic.
EVENT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Fashion show highlighting breast cancer survivors. Survivors will be wearing individually inspired ensembles from local designers and stylists, who have donated their time and resources, including Fashion Stylist Kotton Candy & Company, and Designer Tanya Jenkins, owner of Nea Eshe.
- Stevie Flowers as Emcee
- Suzanne Afflalo, M.D. will discuss “A Perfect Storm” — breast health and how breast cancer affects African American women
- Wendy Shurelds, Community Resource Advocate will debunk the myths that plague the African American Community
- Fitness Trainer Debra Gibson-Portee will discuss health and fitness
- Harpist Mariea Antoinette and Local Musician Ken Turner will be performing
- Lunch will be provided to all attendees
The event is free but space is limited, please RSVP by February, 14.
For more information please contact Wendy Shurelds at Wendy@sdkomen.org.
SUZANNE AFFLALO, M.D.
STEVIE FLOWERS, EMCEE
AUTHOR, BEE STINGS, BUMBLE BEES & BUTTERFLIES
WENDY SHURELDS, COMMUNITY RESOURCE ADVOCATE,
SUSAN G. KOMEN SAN DIEGO’S CIRCLE OF PROMISE
KOTTON CANDY & CO.