TEAM CAPTAIN TOOLS
Participating in the Susan G. Komen San Diego Affiliate Race for the Cure® with a team multiplies the fun, the laughter and maybe even the tears that you share on Race Day. Rally around someone you know who was just diagnosed, someone who has fought the battle, or honor someone who may have lost the battle. Together, with your friends, family and co-workers, you make an even greater impact! The Team Captain must register first and create the team before team members can join the team. Teammates can be friends, family members, co-workers, or anyone else who would like to join.
First step: Register as a Team Captain (click here). Then, send the link you receive to everyone you want to join your team! It will be easy for them to register. They just need to go to the registration page (click here), click on “Join a Team” and search for the team name.
- 2018 Team Captain Guide
- 2018 Team Tent Reservation Form
- Mail-In Registration Form
- How to Connect Your “Race for the Cure” Fundraising Center to Facebook
Second step: Fundraise for the Race for the Cure!
When you register for the Race you automatically receive your own fundraising website. Teams receive an additional Team fundraising page. Your Team page is a website that friends and family can visit to find a team member or give a donation that supports the fundraising efforts of the entire team. Personalize your Race fundraising website. Use it to tell friends and family why you participate in the Race for the Cure. You can even accept donations online, right from your fundraising website. To make your page more dynamic, upload a link to a video clip or activate the blog feature. All of this and more is waiting for your Team once you register for the Race! Team fundraising for the Race is easy with online tools!
- Log in to your Team Page Fundraising Portal
- Set up your Facebook Fundraiser
T-SHIRT AND BIB PICK UP | Registration Events
Team captains are responsible for picking up bibs and Race T-shirts for their entire team. We will have two pick-up dates and locations. Team captains may attend either one. Race registration will also be available at these events.
Locations and dates TBA.
CREATE A TEAM T-SHIRT!
Each team member will receive the official Komen Race Day T-shirt, provided by Komen San Diego, but some teams choose to design their own Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® t-shirt. It’s easy, just follow these steps:
1. Find a local T-shirt company to print your t-shirts.
2. Design your T-shirt. You might want to use the official team T-shirt insignia for the front of your T-shirt. If you would like the insignia emailed to you, please email Annie at email@example.com and specify what type of file you prefer.
3. Collect sizes from your team members and place your order.
Get 100 people on your team or fundraise $5,000 and you get a complimentary team tent! Having a team tent is a great way to get everyone together the morning of the Race. Fill out this application form in order to reserve your tent. The deadline to get a tent reserved is October 26th. Your team will be provided a canopy, table and two chairs. You can hang a banner from you tent, serve breakfast to your teammates and have a meeting place for after the Race. Questions? Please contact our Race headquarters at (760) 692-2900.
If you would like to order breakfast from Panera for your team, here are the catering instructions and details:
1. E-mail orders to firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders must be placed no later than 3 days prior to the Race.
2. Be sure to mention you are part of the Race for the Cure. Team orders to get 10% off the entire order and free delivery to the team tent.
3. Provide your team name, contact information, the best contact phone number for the day of the race, and the number of people eating.
4. Orders will be delivered between 6:30 and 7:15 a.m. on Race morning.