06 Mar We’re Hiring! Join our team as our Marketing and Communications Specialist
In San Diego, six women a day are diagnosed with breast cancer and unfortunately one woman a day passes away from this disease. Susan G. Komen San Diego is the only breast cancer organization that works in laboratories, in neighborhoods, with lawmakers and globally to improve health equity for people facing this disease. Join us in making a meaningful and substantial impact on breast cancer outcomes in San Diego County.
Komen San Diego is made up of a small but mighty team that works hard and makes a big impact. We literally roll up our sleeves and put on our sneakers to get the job done. We also have high expectations for the work we produce and the relationships we build. Our team loves to take daily walk breaks, pitch in to help one another and at the same time work autonomously on projects. A smaller organization means less red tape, more flexibility and greater opportunities for creativity and defining strategy. If you are passionate about women’s health issues, breast cancer and driving change, we want to hear from you.
Susan G. Komen San Diego is looking for a driven Marketing and Communications Specialist. Be part of the Marketing and Communications department at one of the world’s largest brands. Build a career in a professional and fun environment while making an impact in your community. Your work will help us further our mission to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in San Diego County and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
• Develop and implement a year-round digital communication (blogs, social, and website) plan that highlights the diversified role of Komen to be more inclusive of non-grantmaking activities, cross-sector convener and our role as a legislative change maker.
• Create and send relevant, targeted messaging/communication to specific and segmented audiences
• Generate compelling, strategic, brand quality content for digital platforms
• Update and present creative strategies to enhance the website
• Implement collateral plan to support mission and development efforts.
• Assist in video production, advertising material, direct-mail campaigns and prepares presentations and reports.
• Assist with management of interns and street team toward completion of their tasks
• Execute sponsor and donor marketing fulfillment
• Track analytics of campaigns and recommend strategies and tactics quarterly
• Write and create email campaigns and execute them using Convio
• Produce quarterly newsletters
• Create segmented groups in Convio and update accordingly with new subscribers
• Create social media graphics, messaging and C2As around non-grantmaking activities
• Monitors and presents relevant data, trends, successes, and exceptions in social media
• Assist with office management tasks as needed
• BA in Marketing, PR, Communications or related field
• 1-2 years of experience preferred
• Professional experience using Convio is preferred but not required
• Thorough understanding of WordPress
• Thorough understanding of MS Office, including Word, Power Point, Publisher and Excel
• Excellent communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing
• A passionate, positive, and willing-to-learn attitude
• Nimble, quick and able to shift priorities, on the spot, based on the conversation unfolding in real-time
• A professional nature with the ability to meet deadlines, produce a large volume of work, multi-task and quickly establish priorities, while remaining detail and relationship oriented
• A high degree of integrity that garners the trust and respect of others
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a diverse population
• Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer events and programs
• Sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking
• Repetitive hand motion (such as typing)
• Hearing, listening, seeing, talking, reading
• Lifting up to 40 pounds; our team is responsible for loading and unloading our van for various events, as well as day of set-up
• This position is full-time (40 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt, with flexibility needed for special events, meetings or occasional presentations outside of normal work hours. Annual salary is $37,000 – $40,000 depending on experience. Competitive medical, dental, life, vision and retirement benefits offered as well.
• To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with: “Marketing and Communications Specialist” in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
• Deadline to apply: Thursday, April 11
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Location: San Diego, CA