26 Jun We’re Hiring! Join our team as our Senior Director of Development
At Susan G. Komen San Diego, we know that every employee plays a role in furthering our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever. That’s why we’ve worked so hard to create a workplace that attracts and retains a diverse group of passionate, committed and talented individuals.
Thanks to a competitive benefits package and an emphasis on work/life balance, we’re able to provide opportunities for employees to meet their personal and professional needs while contributing to an incredibly important cause. For us, it’s not just about making a living. It’s about making a difference.
Senior Director of Development
Reports to: President & CEO
Status: Full-time, Exempt
In San Diego, six women a day are diagnosed with breast cancer and unfortunately one woman a day passes away from this disease. Susan G. Komen San Diego works to improve health equity and is the only breast cancer organization that works in laboratories, in neighborhoods, with lawmakers and globally to tend to the needs of people facing this disease. Join us in making a meaningful and substantial impact on breast cancer outcomes in San Diego County.
Komen San Diego is made up of a small but mighty team that works hard and makes a big impact. We literally roll up our sleeves and put on our sneakers to get the job done. We also have high expectations for the work we produce and the relationships we build. Our team loves to take daily walk breaks, pitch in to help one another and at the same time work autonomously on projects. A smaller organization means less red tape and greater opportunities for creativity and defining strategy. If you are passionate about women’s health issues, breast cancer and driving change, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Director of Development is responsible for the overall fundraising and philanthropic efforts of the organization, as well as specifically responsible for corporate relationships and sponsorships. In partnership with the President & CEO, and members of the Development Team, the Sr. Director will set revenue goals and targets for year-round engagement, oversee events and serve as the primary lead in corporate engagement.
This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with individual and corporate donors, vendors, the Board of Directors, volunteers, sponsors and colleagues. This individual is committed to the Susan G. Komen mission and will be charged with identifying creative and sustainable donor development programs which will enable the Affiliate to capitalize on diverse revenue channels, with a donor-centric focus.
We’re looking for a rockstar fundraiser, who can produce results and mesh well with our team.
• Plan, design, and oversee all fundraising activities of the Affiliate, through the creation of a multi-year development plan
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding corporate sponsorship goals for the organization, including, but not limited to, prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation of new corporate sponsorships, and stewardship and maintenance of current corporate sponsors for both specific events and general organizational support. Events include Race for the Cure, Annual Dinner, Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference and more
• Supervise staff and work with leadership volunteers to ensure Affiliate revenue development events, including Race for the Cure, Annual Dinner, 3rd party and national initiatives, are executed to maximize optimal success within current resources
• Supervise the part-time grant writer
• Provide overall department leadership
• Serve as the staff lead to the Development Committee
• Work with Director of Marketing to inform public outreach activities including public relations, marketing communications, stewardship and special events (Race for the Cure, 3rd party events, website, newsletter, annual report, etc.)
• Maintain involvement with external organizations and professional groups that may provide continuing education and/or opportunities to build long-term relationships with donors/supporters
• Develop and oversee budget for department and events, with input from key staff
• Work closely with CEO to ensure development goals are met and reviewed quarterly
• Support CEO and Board with other Affiliate projects and events as requested
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of 7-10 years professional experience including responsibility for revenue development of at least $1 million annually, a proven track record in professional revenue development and supervision and leadership of a nonprofit revenue development team
• Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer revenue development events and programs
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and public speaking skills
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a diverse population
• A high degree of integrity that garners the trust and respect of others
• Dedication to principles of inclusion
• A record of planning and supporting growth
• A professional nature with the ability to meet deadlines, mutli-task and quickly establish priorities
• Organizational skills with thoroughness, timeliness, and detail when working under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Prior experience working with or reporting to a board of directors
• Ability to tailor sponsor opportunities for each corporate partner, on the spot, based on the conversation unfolding in real-time.
• Nimble, quick and able to produce large volume of work while remaining detail and relationship oriented
• Ideal candidate will have relationships and familiarity with the corporate philanthropic landscape in San Diego.
• Sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking
• Repetitive hand motion (such as typing)
• Hearing, listening, seeing, talking, reading
• Lifting up to 40 pounds; our team is responsible for loading and unloading our van for various events, as well as day of set-up
This position is salaried, exempt, with flexibility needed for special events, meetings or occasional presentations outside of normal work hours. Salary is $90,000+ depending on experience. Medical, dental, vision and retirement benefit offered as well.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 16, 2018.